Monday, May 17, 2010

My friend bloomed

My friend, she who listens to my non-stop thoughts, my chatter, my anxieties, my fears, who knows my happiness and sorrows, who has seen my anger so close, whom I look forward to seeing first thing in the morning when I open my eyes, who ushers in a new day for me, who helps me brighten up a sad one, has started blooming.

When I started living in the room, she was young. She hardly reached my window. In the four years since, she grew, reaching out her hand to me and my neighbours. She provides me shade from the harsh summer sun. The wind that blows through her is always cool.

I saw similar trees blooming and every time wondered when and if I will get to see my friend in bloom. Time is running out as my stay will come to an end I hope soon. There were buds and with it my hope rose. Today, when I looked out of the window, I found her first flowers, right next to my window.
My friend, is beautiful. She made my day today and will every day I know and am ever thankful for a friend like her.

1 comment:

bg said...

aaaah... very touching and dear...